Monday, May 12, 2008
5k
So we did it....and we didn't even die!!! On Saturday we ran our first 5 k as a family. We made a goal to run a 5k as a family so Marisa ran her race and then she sat in the stroller while we ran ours. It was a lot of fun. I will say though that you know when you are out of shape or not a good runner when a 60 year old man is speed walking faster then you were running. Although I will give myself a little more credit I have never seen an old man walk that fast in my life. So we did not do so great compared to everyone else but I can say that we finished and it was alot of fun. The next goal it to do another one and beat our time!! Wish us luck. We are thinking about doing one in July. The really cool thing that has been a result of our running is that I have officially lost about 15 pounds. The goal is 30 more by the end of September. It was funny because a week ago I went to Seth's moms house and I saw a photo of me right before I had Marisa (yikes was that scary) and at that point in time I weighed 260 + pounds scary hu!!! But I am now back down to 190 and slowly moving down. It was so awesome to see where I have come from and see where I can make it. No I am not one of those crazy people who are obsessed with my weight but it is so nice to be able to set a goal and slowly move forward to that goal. Which the final goal is to be healthy enough to make our family grow just a little more!!! It was a great day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How fun! I'm proud of all 3 of you. Good job on the weight loss too - it's so hard, but feels great.
Yay Melanie!!! That is so exciting! I've been trying my darndest to tempt Tim and Jami into doing a walking half-marathon with me and I thought both of them were going to commit me to the looney bin. Maybe I should start them out on a 5K. And that will sound great after thinking about the half-marathon right? Isn't it amazing how ridiculously tough weight loss can be? What an accomplishment! Way to go!
Melanie, Seth, and Marissa!
Wow, I am way impressed with you all :) That is a fun memory that you'll always remember. Heck, you'll have to because you will keep breaking all of your records it sounds like. How awesome.
Good job, Seth, on graduation. Good job, Melanie, on running next to an old man (loved your description, by the way :). We love and miss you all.
Love Jami and Travis
Way to go! I love it when you set a goal and then accomplish it. It feels soooo good. Keep it up!
Random, but I was wondering if you got the info. for the class reunion and if you are planning to go. Just wondering who will be there. I'm actually kind of excited.
When is the class reunion?? I was given the phone # to call by my mom but lost the #. When is it??
Melanie...
YOU are truly amazing!!!! I am so happy for you and Seth making it across the finish line. I bet Marisa did great in her race!!
I also wanted to tell you that I think you are looking amazing and I am so excited for everything you are doing to stick with that running! I am looking forward to hearing about you next running adventure! =0)
love ya Debbie Davis
Post a Comment