

So I realized something that didn't hit me until this night....that there are a lot of people that have a lot of money. So for Seth's work we got invited to this benefit dinner it was awesome and right up our alley because the whole party was Mexican style and for a great cause. It is a medical clinic for those that are uninsured. There were only 4 people from Seth's work that went and lets just say we were among the giants of the business world. What was funny is that I did not really realize this until they started the auction. They started all of the things up for auction in the thousands range. (Which is more then we pay for our morgage) My mouth immediately did this!!!
(
I soon realized that my mouth was hanging wide open and slowly closed it so that no one would notice. It was crazy!!!
(

I soon realized that my mouth was hanging wide open and slowly closed it so that no one would notice. It was crazy!!!
These people were drooping money like it was out of style!!! Go figure...and who knew!!! I then started looking around and I do believe if there was a financial totum pole I am sure we would be the ones on the bottom but it didn't really mater. We had a wonderful time!! It made me so grateful I know that sounds funny but it was awesome to think of all that we have been blessed with I remember when we first got married and Seth didn't even have a job and he started working at 5 buck pizza. Then on to another job just a little bit better and the blessing of education and all of this time serving in the church in many facilities. The lord has blessed our lives so much!!! It has been fun to see every step and this night brought it all back for me. It was really fun to watch Seth because they give you these auction cards when you go in and when the bidding started I saw him slide his card underneath him so there was no chance that anyone would ever think that he wanted to participate!! It made me smile!! It was a great dinner and night out on the town!!
3 comments:
Hey! I'm good friends with the person who runs Clinica Tepeyac, at least the person who coordinates the med students who work there. My brother-in-law's parents are big Denver socialites, so every once in awhile he tells us stories about money dropping that make my mouth hang open. Like two weeks ago, they held a benefit for some politician (I forget who, exactly) at their house, and Mitt Romney flew out to support them! For only one thousand bucks, you could have your picture taken with Mitt Romney! All proceeds to benefit the campaign of aforementioned unnamed politician. I bet he could have charged more if he was still in the running for President.....
What an interesting night. But what a fantastic cause to drop big bucks for.
Crazy how it works that way! I remember when we were first married too, we had no money. The Lord truly does shower down blessings when you're living righteously and paying your tithing. I'm glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment