So I am having a hard time trying to pick a color for our living room. We are eventually going to get a darker brown chocolate colored carpet but I dont know what color of paint. Any suggestions?? It is exciting though because I think we are getting all reered and ready to go crazy on our house projects again. I was also motivated by this great deal on paint.... www.whatsthedeals.blogspot.com I thought I would link it just in case there are more out there getting ready to paint. Gallons of paint for less then 20 dollers. You can't get much better then that!!! Anyways so we are going to go crazy stripping the puffy stuff off of the cealing what a mess but I was given a wonderfull example of how to do it so it dosen't go everywhere. You take a spray bottle and spray it down and then hold a garbage can under it while you scrape it off. It makes the mess not as big of a mess.
Watch out house here we come!!!
2 comments:
Ohhh I LOVE picking out paint!!! I think we have about 6 different colors in our house! Our main living room area's are called Backpack (I don't know who manufactures it but we bought all of our paint at Kwall house, a local paint shop) it is a greenish/greyish/tanish color that matches EVERYTHING. Our bedrooms are a tannish color I can't remember the name....maybe Sahara something? Just remember when looking at paint color strips the lightest color on the strip is the base color so when you get it on a big wall it is going to have that color hue to it so look at ALL the colors on the strip not just the shade you like to get an idea of how it will look on your wall (if that makes any sense).
One thing that could help you decide is to go get sample colors and either paint a section of your wall or paint a poster board in that color. That way you can see what the color looks like with your furniture and at all different times of day. That's just one suggestion :)
Post a Comment