The General Relief Society Meeting on Saturday was amazing!! It is so cute because even though I really think the prophet should be Marisa's favorite....things are just not that way. Elder Uchtdorf is her favorite she knows his name, smile and photo very well. The last conference that we had as soon as she saw that he was speaking she listened very intensely. After the General Relief Society meeting I totally understand why she likes him so much. What an amazing talk he gave!!! If you didn't get a chance to hear it and you feel like everything that you do is never good enough....which is most of the women out there....this talk is for you. My personal favorite is he compared his cooking to his wife...it was so great. It is so interesting the changes that happen in the church and sometimes it is hard to let go of those that have loved and prayed and taught you so much. But it is so nice to see that the lord loves and knows his children and knows what apostle has the ability to reach each group of people in the church. All I have to say is what a powerhouse this wonderful man is and all of the General Relief Society Presidency and I am so grateful that through the spirit they know exactly how to talk and uplift my spirit every time they speak!!!
Check it out if you haven't done so
It is soooooooo great!!!

4 comments:
That is just what I needed to hear today. i didn't make it to the broadcast but I listened to it just barely. Gracias me amiga!
I could't agree with you more, Melanie. The RS Broadcast lifted me and gave me the strength to try harder. It was especially moving for me because I have always been almost anti-Relief Socity.
Now I can say with gratitude and pride that I belong to Relief Society. Thanks for your thoughts and testimony. I want to watch it again.
I love that he's Marisa's favorite! Its sad, but after just listening to his message less than a week ago I'm already in need of a reminder! Thanks for bringing my thoughts back to his wonderful talk.
Elder Uchtdorf is my favorite too,... not only he is sooo handsome but also..he touched my heart with his testimony even before i know anything about church..
Post a Comment