As you can see she is really resourceful....no lasso....daddy's tie....ultimate lasso. :D I am so thankful for a little girl that has an imagination.
I am so thankful for a husband that treats me like a queen even those days when I am looking far from queen-like. Proof of this comes from a little girl that knows what her daddy thinks of her mommy. The other day I came in and she was playing barbies and she had a boy and a girl and the boy said to the girl ....in Marisa's words... "hi my beautiful wife" and then she made the barbies kiss and then dance. Which I am so thankful is pretty typical in the oveson home.
Going on those lines I am so thankful for families and the blessing that is in my life. Especially that we have the Gospel and know the blessing that a family can be in our lives.
I am thankful for a girl that is leaning the Gospel. She dressed her baby in her blessing dress and said that she wanted her baby to be blessed. It was one of those moments that you feel like you are doing an ok job as a parent.

I am so thankful for 3 year olds and funny things that they say....for example the other day we put up curtains and Marisa was helping Seth by handing screws to him and then he would install them into the curtains. I came back in the room and Marisa said "mommy look daddy is screwing up the curtains" to her that meant that daddy was putting up the curtains but i couldn't help but laugh.
I am so thankful for holidays....and for a husband and child that gets so excited about Christmas that we officially have our tree up before thanksgiving....I justify it by the fact we won't be here for thanksgiving. So it has been so much fun doing that as a family. Tonight for family home evening we are making the ornaments to go on the tree because we broke alot of our ornaments so we have to make new ones.
Marisa got so excited that she even had to have Christmas music...and if there is music she has to dance!!!


I am thankful for christmas and the oppertunity we have to remember our savior and others.
I am so thankful especially for a wonderful husband!!!! I know I have said that so many times in my blog but it is sooooooo true!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
8 comments:
It was neat reading the things you are thankful for! What a beautiful family! You're such a great mommy!
Marisa is stickin' cute. I love how full of life she is :) Thanks for this post, it made me realize how truly blessed we are. And it is totally ok to have your Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving. it looks great :)
That was a great post. Last night for FHE we had an "I'm Thankful For..." lesson. It was so sweet to hear what the kids consider blessings! The color orange, kindergarten, grandparents, the dog, and...Jesus! Being a parent is the best!
Marisa looks and sounds like a cute, sweet little girl!
What a cute cowgirl! I love the videos. So adorable! (Ali is enjoying them too. She keeps signing 'more' and saying 'gen' (again) and Emma asks 'can you do that again?') I love that you have your tree up
:)
Marisa is adorable! I can't wait to see her next week at Thanksgiving...or whenever we see you guys when you head to Seth's family for Thanksgiving! :)
I loved your Thankful post!! Hey, I am going private within a couple days so shoot me your email if you would like an invite!!! ejmadsen5@msn.com. Have a great Thanksgiving!
What a great post! I think I need to go add one to my own Blog...it's a great way to focus yourself on all the wonderful positives that exist in life! You do have a gorgeous little girl, I think she is so stinking cute when she dances! I never doubted that Seth would be such an affectionate husband, but it's nice to know. I mean I did see the kid grow up!
Enjoyed your blog. Aren't holidays the best? I love getting together with family. It was great to see you at Thanksgiving. Take care and know that we love you. Hope to see you at Kitsten's homecoming 12/28. I'm sending you a Christmas card with all the details. Love for now. Aunt Laurel
Post a Comment