Monday, July 27, 2009

Marisa...finding her place

Man I love this little girl. Lately it has been one rough road. The two photos totally explain it all...they were taken seconds apart. Marisa lately one min is so super happy and hyper and the next min is broken down in tears...hopefully pretty soon she figures it all out and knows how much we can love them both. If anyone has any suggestions to make this any better...I am open for suggestions. :D

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh dear! No suggestions here, but I feel for both you and sweet Marisa. That must really be quite the change. My sister-in-law just recently had to deal with the same thing and she got her little girl a "baby" to take care of while you are taking care of the new little guy. She would bathe the baby, feed the baby, burp the baby, take the baby for a walk along with Mom and it has really helped them...I just don't know. I'm sorry.

Heath 'n Jeri said...

Oh no, this can be hard on the little girly. I'm sorry that she is having to figure this out.

Toni Dee! said...

Finally - another sister that struggles. . . sorry but I was beginning to worry that Ayvri was the only one. For her - it took an entire month of emotional torrents before she adjusted. We just tried to give her lots of love (when she was happy) and tried to ignore the outbursts . . . she'll even out again in time :)

Natalie said...

Enoch was just like that after Trav was born. They're stressed too, she'll come around.

Melanie said...

My only advice is to make sure that you give Marissa some "Mommy time" just you and her. I know it is hard to do because newborns are hard, but, I always tried to make time while the baby was sleeping to play with Teniah or whatever she wanted to do. It's hard because you just want to take a nap too, but it makes for a happier big sister. Also, if you are breast feeding, you can take that time and turn it into story time, so that you are reading stories to Marissa and feeding the baby at the same time, then you are all spending time together and Marissa doesn't feel like you are 'ignoring' her at feeding time.