Tuesday, October 13, 2009

'Punkin Chunkin'...now this is aurora at its finest!!

For those of you who have never heard of it let me introduce you to the lineup that was here in aurora...you have catapults, cannons, trebechets...etc. You may ask for what crazy purpose did all of these folk get together...Pumpkin chunkin (this is where you take a pumpkin and launch it as far as you can without breaking the pumpkin. Now that is what you call pure entertainment.....arrrrrggg...can you feel the raw man power coming from these machines. It was so much fun to watch these pumpkins being launched through the air and landing making a "pie" (pumpkin chunkin lingo for really great mound of messy pumpkin everywhere) I have never known a pumpkin could fly like that till now...it was tons of fun!!
They had some really great other activities one of them was candle making...we really liked this one because it was in a building and well...when it is less then 30 degrees outside it is the place to be!!

Daddy filling the little mans tank!!! Man that kid can eat alot!!


And if the even is held at a farm of course you have to feed the animals...risa loved it!!


If you cant tell from the photo it was pretty cold :D



"Daddy I need a TRACTOR" marisa
"I thought you wanted a HORSE"seth
"Silly daddy we can have both" marisa
All in all it was a great day....we even after that went to lunch at del taco for free and went to a movie for 5 dollers for all of us...I love those fun but inexpensive days!!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Hey...looks like good fun, I went once a few years ago, but not in such cold.

Sara said...

Gosh, I look at all of your adventures and you are always doing all sorts of FUN things!! JEALOUS!

Heath 'n Jeri said...

This looks so fun! What an awesome day.