This is a chair that I have had but I really hated that it was gold...so a little silver spray paint and well it becomes a new chair. The table came with the house but it was a different color so I painted it to match what I was going for in the room. The bowl I got from my sister for my birthday and well I was going to use it in the front room but i could not find the colors I was going for so I changed it too and painted the outside and put it in the bedroom and the only thing that I actually bought was the balls which were $10. But it is a fun little sitting area in our room!!
Oh the thing on the wall I have not yet decided what to do with I just painted it and was thinking of making it into a clock or frame or something like that but I got that at the DI for 50 cents and it is actually a metal basket when you pull it apart.
This is the dresser that I posted photos of that we were working on a while back and we bought it for like $25 and painted it. The pot and the wooden thing I got at the DI as well and they were right around a buck a piece. I painted the pot to add the color that I was going for.
Time for dinner....On the wall??? Ok so these are place mats that I got on an outing with my mom they were on sell for 25 cents a piece and well I again painted them to be the color that I wanted and put them on the wall. Our bedding on the top the tan we already had I just bought a couple of throw pillows and new sheets in the colors that I wanted and our old tan and white bedding became aqua, turquoise and tan bedding.
The bottom part of the lamp I bought at the DI and well I don't have a before shot but it use to be a combination of dark wood and gold but I painted the whole thing silver and gave it a new shade and it became a new lamp shade. I still am thinking of adding some turquoise to it but we will see...by the way the lamp was $1.50 for the bottom and $11 for the shade...it is a really cool lamp too it has a lantern in the center!!
This is the table in the kitchen I wanted to add something on the table a little different so this is what we have so far you will find out later where it came from.
This is my wreath that I have changed out the flowers in many times to be what I want it to. sometimes for the seasons other times just because I want to but I love this wreath because it is the same wreath but you can change it!!! I added new flowers to it and bought new candles for my holders.
I bought a Little tree and added those same flowers to it along with some white ones to make it not just green and to make it match the rest of things
Bought some fun pillow to spruce up our couch that we have had since we have been married and it is amazing how new it makes it feel. Oh and the throw blanket that was on sell to hide a stain that I just cant get out...lol :D
Some more fun pillows for the other couch. I wanted to have different ones for each of the couches. That is a little bit of our changes but there are a few more at the end of this post too!!!
Let's just say when it comes to flowers I really don't have much experience....and well I don't feel crazy confident in my abilities but grandma cox asked if I could do the flowers for Seth's dads stone and we also did one for our son's grave and well here they are....Vuala!!



This is the tray that of course again I painted black different from what it was. But I decided to use it as a centerpiece on my table. I just need a little something else and have not figured it out yet...we will See what happens with that!!

The board that you can barley see in the before photo I will post when I get done but I painted it too and well it is on the wall unfinished too but I am not sure what saying I want to put on it. I am going to continue to have funny fun photos in the frames below so i want a saying that is somewhat like the fun happy like the photos in it...Any Suggestions??
I thought they turned out pretty good!! I love Teo's tea pot that we found it just screamed to me summer/spring and happy!! By the way Happy Memorial Day to you all!!!

Lots of times I have heard seth tell me how his dad would have loved having all of the grand kids and this makes me think that he just had to keep one of them to love and side by side they are together waiting for the time when all of us can all be together again!! Got to love the Gospel and the fact that families are not just a here and now thing. Memorial Day to me is a great reminder of that and really makes me one happy chica just thinking about it!! So that was my memorial Day Project!!
We went to town on the backyard. We decided that we wanted a planter on the one side and we wanted blackberry bushes and well so we had a few obstacles first of all to go was the rusting clothes line and I would like to let you know that with a metal bar and a Pneumatic Jack that thing finally decided to come out. Rather impressive the amount of concrete holding that beast!! (My husband came up with the idea) But we hauled that away and did a bit of tilling and well we now have a planter for our blackberry bushes among other things. Loving it. I will post the final product later!!
Lots of times I have heard seth tell me how his dad would have loved having all of the grand kids and this makes me think that he just had to keep one of them to love and side by side they are together waiting for the time when all of us can all be together again!! Got to love the Gospel and the fact that families are not just a here and now thing. Memorial Day to me is a great reminder of that and really makes me one happy chica just thinking about it!! So that was my memorial Day Project!!
We went to town on the backyard. We decided that we wanted a planter on the one side and we wanted blackberry bushes and well so we had a few obstacles first of all to go was the rusting clothes line and I would like to let you know that with a metal bar and a Pneumatic Jack that thing finally decided to come out. Rather impressive the amount of concrete holding that beast!! (My husband came up with the idea) But we hauled that away and did a bit of tilling and well we now have a planter for our blackberry bushes among other things. Loving it. I will post the final product later!!
I have decided that the DI is my very best friend and well I love taking something that looks like it will never be used again and transforming it into something that is cute and useful. Don't know why but I am addicted!! So these are some little chairs that I got at DI for 25 cents a piece and a little serving tray and also a board for under a dollar.
So Here is our Before.....(love the bum shot of my son in the background...he was playing in the mud as always)
After....
I painted the chairs and put a little vinyl on them and well I love these little chairs. (they are pretty sturdy...my husband if you can believe it sits on them sometimes too!!)
This is the tray that of course again I painted black different from what it was. But I decided to use it as a centerpiece on my table. I just need a little something else and have not figured it out yet...we will See what happens with that!!
The board that you can barley see in the before photo I will post when I get done but I painted it too and well it is on the wall unfinished too but I am not sure what saying I want to put on it. I am going to continue to have funny fun photos in the frames below so i want a saying that is somewhat like the fun happy like the photos in it...Any Suggestions??
But anyways that is some of our fun adventures and things that we have been working on among other things but I will have to post those another time :D
6 comments:
Your projects have turned out amazing! Good job Melanie! I am truly inspired! I really love the heart chair...especially considering it is in your bedroom! :)
Wow girl! You are amazing! Who knew painting could make so many projects turn out so great!! I love them all--especially the black chairs with your kids' names on them! Too cute! DI is one of my favorite stores too!! So many great finds there!
Good job girl! It was so fun to come up and see you guys. The finished projects are much more fun to see in person.
These looks great! Way to go!
Your projects look super super cute! I can't wait until I have a house of my own to decorate..... i can already tell it's going to be a very long time until that day comes!
I'm always impressed with your decorating/crafting skillz! Everything looks great :) Way to go!
Post a Comment