Saturday, July 30, 2011

Grandpa Parkinson

Well yesterday my grandpa passed away from a fall.  It is amazing to me how kind heavenly father is.  These are photos that we took just a few weeks ago when we got to spend some special time just with my grandparents.   I will miss this amazing man who taught me so many things.  Happy birthday grandpa he said that he would not make it past his birthday...and he always does what he says he is going to do.  We took the kids with the rest of the family to say goodbye to him at the hospital and I said...."sky we are going to go say goodbye to grandpa"....his response "grandpa is going to work"  He worked every day of his life here and now he working for the lord.  I am so thankful for the plan and families are forever!!  And that "grandpa is going to work"

3 comments:

Adrian said...

What a sweet post. Grandpa will definitely be missed.

Toni Dee! said...

Oh Mel. I'm so sorry, I know you will miss him. What incredible timing. Happy Birthday! At least the family is all together. Does this change your plans for the coming week? Love you!

Moores said...

It sounds like you Grandpa is an amazing person! I am so glad you were able to spend some time with him before he passed away. The pictures are priceless!