Well finally I am filling much better. This last week was pretty interesting because after all the kiddos not feeling good and all of us getting the flu I got Walking Pneumonia. So not much happened for the last few weeks all for the exception of the new happenings. Seth this last Sunday was ordained a High Priest and was called to be in the Branch Presidency. He had some mixed feelings about it. In his interview with the member of the stake presidency he said "But I am too young to be a high priest president"...lol. I don't know why but it is always interesting to move on to the next steps in life. He has been pretty nervous about it. It really makes me feel for the Apostles. I love watching when a new one is called and they get, during that first conference, the deer in the headlight look. The one where they feel rather overwhelmed. Then the next conference they seem more settled and confident. I love to watch that change. I have seen that look in my husbands eyes a few times during our married life and when they said that he was going to be ordained a High Priest I saw that in his eyes. I think he was more nervous about being ordained then his calling. He said "But really amazing people are High Priests" I love my cute husband and am so glad that he is willing to serve. I love how in the church we have the opportunity to serve and help each other and with each new calling comes lessons, blessings and new experiences to help others!!
For my own info just to remember:
Ordained on Nov 6
By: Daniel Garvin (My Dad)
In the Circle:Pres Jae Potter, Pres Brad King, Pres Dinkelman, Pres Perez, Hermano Egusquiza, and Dennis Cox
In the Room:Debra Cox, Linda Garvin, Megan Urbanik, Timmy Urbanik, Skyler, Marisa, and Me :D
I know kind of goofy to put it in my blog but like I said before I am horrible at keeping a journal so it mostly happens here. :D
It was a pretty special day!!!
1 comment:
So glad you are all feeling better. Congratulations Seth, he'll do a wonderful job :)
Post a Comment