Sunday, August 10, 2008

When it rains it pores!!! :)

So I have personally learned that when there is calm and peace in your life watch out because a storm is coming....this time it came literally. Yes literally!!! We had some crazy rain that started about at 8pm and was dropping like a giant water blanket from the sky. We thought nothing of it and closed the doors and windows really tight like you would normally do on a rainy day and went upstairs to enjoy a relaxing Friday night 08/08/08 watching our new craze of Hogans Hero's. Then someone rang our doorbell and that is when the insanity started. Seth got a phone call at the same time and he was talking on the phone while he went down the stairs and he hit the bottom with a splash. He then opened the door to the garage and saw the water that was stuck and building up on the garage door. He yelled up to me and well the photos tell the rest. What a crazy weekend.

Seth in our laundry room opening the door to see why there was so much water. You can see the flow coming in from the back yard. By the way the paint job came with the house. Although I was thinking about keeping it!! What do you think? He he!!!

Our own personal waterfall and river!!! I bet there are few that can say that they have their own waterfall especially in there own house!!




Clean up after was kind of interesting. All kinds of mud dirt and we even had a bit of laundry float away with the river and go down the street. We had a load of laundry in a basket that tipped over in the flood. I had to take a photo. Thank heavens for husbands that see floating bras and catch them before they float out the garage or this could have been rather embarrassing picking up that instead of a hot pad from the street. Lets just say that we had a lot of laughs this night and the next morning while we were cleaning up. In total with ours and the neighbors we found that floated away. A snow shovel, a door stopper, a garbage can and a hot pad. It was a rather successful search. It was really funny to be walking down the street looking for your laundry that floated away in the tide!! :)
Marisa was such a good helper through this all. Friday night we got done with the events at about 1:00 or so and she helped so much. Then in the morning was the stake clean up and we got her up at about 7:00 in the morning. She didn't complain or cry or anything and worked so hard at the church and later at our house during the day. Thank heavens for a little girl that loves to help. We all made a pretty good team it was alot of fun to work all together and get so much done. I will say that Marisa did get a pretty good kick out of playing in her own personal swimming pool.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my goodness!!! I am soooooo sorry you got flooded!!! That has to be the absolute worst kind of mess to clean up. I am glad it stopped raining though and you were able to minimize property damage. What a little sweetheart always helping out! Man, I hope my little girl has half the motivation to help as Marisa!

Toni Dee! said...

Wow! That's a pretty impressive indoor pool! Ok, maybe I'll stop complaining about our sunshine and begging for rain, although it does look like a great adventure!

Nat said...

Crazy! I am sorry for your flood, but I laughed at your bra floating away. Good thing Seth was there to catch it...blush! That is awesome you had such a good attitude through the whole thing! I would totally keep the paing job in your laundry room! With the amount of time we spend in the laundry room, you may as well have one that looks funner than it is!

Brandi said...

Oh, glory! What craziness!!! You guys have such fantastic attitudes. It's just quite contagious. Here you are facing probably a very stressful situation and saying "let's just say that we had a lot of laughs"! What great examples. I love that about you guys.

Anonymous said...

Seth, Meli, and Marisa, you are really moving up in the world having a pool in the bottom floor of your town home! Tee Hee :) :) J/K. Life is definately an adventure!!! Just a hint, you can go to Walmart to buy a water bra, you don't have to make your own!

Anonymous said...

Seth, Meli, Marisa, this is unbelievable! What a flood! And you were so sweet and goodnatured about it. This is a great blog, I'm linking to it on my blog 'cause you my friends :-)

Love,

T
I run because I can... for those who can't

Becca said...

Oh my gosh. That is so unbefreekinlieveable!

Kim said...

I can not believe how much water! I, too, am amazed by your awesome attitudes! What a great thing to make a bad situation a fun adventure. Marisa is adorable and is getting so big and grown up! Love the pictures; they do tell all.