So I have known that I needed to get on the band waggon and get to getting with Marisa's schooling besides just the regular reading books and working on # and letters. So School has officially started at the Oveson home. I found this super great website that has lesson plans all pretty much written out for the letters of the alphabet. With great craft projects that go along with that letter, stories, puzzles, games, etc. But it is all written out and set up that you can chose what animals or things you are going to focus on for that letter. We started today and it was fantastic...I was worried because marisa is a very busy girl but she loved it all!!! Here is a photo of her "trophy board" to show daddy!!! What was really cute is she of her own idea called me teacher...it was one of those days that you feel pretty darn good as a mother!!! If anyone is interested here is the site http://www.first-school.ws/ I wanted to work with her on a few of her letters that she gets mixed up on and help her learn to write so I went into the alphabet section....http://www.first-school.ws/theme/alphabetp2.htm they are so much fun. We worked on the letter G we made a craft goose, wrote the letter Gg and put words and photos that start with that letter into a book, we read all about what makes birds different from other animals, and we read the story about a man that found a goose with a golden egg, and played a goose hunting game....it was so much fun!!!
If anyone has any other great sites let me know!!!

5 comments:
Teacher Melanie...how awesome! It is so amazing how quickly little ones learn and how excited they are about learning and 'school'! Hopefully the enthusiasm stays throughout Marisa's years!!!
So so cute! It looks like so much fun! I'm glad Marisa is interested and enjoying being with teacher mommy! CONGRATS on a healthy baby boy! I'm so very happy for you!
I love it, that is soo cool! I am sure I will be wishing I could remember that site in a few years when Constance can actually write, lol. That is adorable she called you teacher, way to go mommy! Also, that is awesome news about the hospital. I definitely know what you mean when it is always something bad when you go there!!! YAY for a healthy baby!!!
Thanks for the website! I need to start doing stuff with Jasmine eventually too.
So very cute! I love to watch how Ethan is interested in learning, it does make you feel good. I am so glad to hear about your little baby! We hope everything will continue to go good. I have some educational websites on my blog under my favorite sites that I like to look at, sorry you will have to search through them. Anyway, I need your address to mail out an invite to Ethan's party. So you can e-mail me with that. Thanks. Again, we are so happy everything is going good with the baby!
Post a Comment