I heard this song today for the first time and it reminds me so much of the love my cute husband shows me and of our adventure from the moment we met. Most the time there are only one or two things that are the same or that you can realate to, but this one hits all points on the nose. We met on a date that we were on with different people. About three weeks later we had our first date and kiss. For valentines day he got down on one knee to sing to me and a week after that again to ask me to marry him. And now we totally have a baby on the way and my hair is sad to say going gray!!! or white!! or both!! Love this song!!
I have had a lot on my mind too because of all of the really hard trials that a lot of people in the ward are having and what strength there is in those trials. I remember how some of our really hard trials have brought seth and I so much closer and how much more I love him every day.
What is really funny is just the other night I was reading my journal and all of the things that we have been through and all of the fun adventures/trials and it is amazing because I did think that I loved him then but it is amazing how that has grown so much!! I love love love this song!!
“Then” by Brad Paisley Lyrics:
I remember trying not to stare
The night that I first met you,
You had me mesmerized,
And three weeks weeks later,
In the front porch light,
Taking 45 minutes just to kiss goodnight.
I hadn’t told you yet,
That I thought I loved you then,
And now you’re my whole life,
And now you’re my whole world,
I just cant believe the way I feel about you girl,
Like a river needs the sea,
Stronger than its ever been,
We’ve come so far since that day,
And I thought I loved you then
I remember taking you back to right where I first met you,
You were so surprised
There were people around, but I didn’t care,
I got down on one knee right there,
and once again
I thought I loved you then,
And now you’re my whole life,
And now you’re my whole world,
I just cant believe the way I feel about you girl,
Like a river needs the sea,
Stronger than its ever been,
We’ve come so far since that day,
And I thought I loved you then
I can just see you, with a baby on the way
I can just see you, when your hair is turning gray
What I can’t see is how I’m ever gonna love you more
But I’ve said that before
Now you’re my whole life
Now you’re my whole world
I just cant believe the way I feel about you girl,
We’ll look back someday at this moment that we’re in
And I’ll look at you and say
And I thought I loved you then
And I thought I loved you then
3 comments:
I love that song too! Very cute!
Super cute song!
What a wonderful song. It's true how the love between a husband and wife just grows and gets better with time. Thanks for the song. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing you this July. I hope it's a go for you guys for the reunion July 17th and 18th. Love Aunt Laurel
Post a Comment