Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Going Home and things going Wrong...

On Friday at about 2pm we got to go home...oh I was so excited to be in our own house in our own bed...but then things went wrong. Our little guy developed a fever at about 9pm and we got worried. We called our doctor and they told us to bring him right in. Before we left for the hospital Seth and My dad gave him a blessing and in the blessing Seth blessed his body in the name of our savior that his body was commanded to be healed. I had never heard a blessing like that before. The spirit was so strong and I was so grateful for the comfort from the priesthood and the blessings of the spirit. So after the blessing we headed into the hospital. By the time we got there his fever had gone down from where it was and they started the tests. The first test came back with signs of something wrong but they were not quite sure because they were not strong signs. Then every test after that got better and better. It was so funny because I can not tell you how many times they came in and said that they did not understand it. I would just smile and send yet another thank you to heaven!! They ended up having to transfer us to another hospital that was bigger the Children's Hospital in Aurora. Skyler and myself got to ride in an ambulance for the first time. It totally broke my heart to see him in the Carrier that they put him in. Seth's best description is that it looks like a plastic coffin. Man that was so hard to look at. Even though I knew he was ok to see him in it brought me to tears. So we took our ride to the other hospital and every test that they did there came back perfect. They were a little worried about his sodium and what he was releasing but all of his tests at that hospital were perfect.
Photo of us coming home from the hospital the first time!!


Little man and his boxing glove. This is the IV that they put in him and they cover it so that it won't come out.

Grandpa and Marisa playing with the fun board that they had in the room. Whatever is warm it makes a print of it in rainbow colors. Hence they thought it would be fun to try there bum. :D
This is little man all hooked up with his little ET foot. That is what we called it.



I know that this may be a funny photo but this one makes me cry just looking at it. I will say it was really hard to see your little one all hooked up and they came in every hour to poke his heal and draw blood. His heals looked like hamburger because of it. I am just thankful that he was not many of the other babies in the hospital with much worse problems.
On Monday the 13th we were released from the hospital...leaving many in the hospital confused but happy that there was no problems they could find. It was so nice to come home and be here in our house!! There was a little girl that was super happy that we were finally home and she could hold her little brother..."all by herself" (ok maybe a little help)
I am so grateful for our little man!! I never thought I would see this day. He is such a miracle and I am grateful for every moment that we have as a family. I am so thankful for the priesthood and the power that my husband holds. I can't say thank you enough for all that were praying for us...I could feel your prayers and love and will always be so grateful for it. Also thanks so much for the family that were there for us!! We love you all!!

We Love Our Little SKY GUY!!!

8 comments:

LEVI & PATY said...

Why did you have a c-section?
I'm also having one on the 27th.
Your baby is adorable!

Jami said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures and your beautiful testimony of the power of prayer and priesthood. I am also grateful my husband holds the priesthood. I'm grateful Skyler is here and he is so handsome! How do you feel, Melanie? What kinds of things help you heal quicker? Probably just time, unfortunately. Marisa looks like such a good big sister and Seth looks so proud to have a son! Congratulations :)

Chelle and Aaron said...

I am so glad everything is okay. He is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh Congrats! He is so sweet. I can't believe how big Marissa looks holding him! I'm so happy for you guys!

Toni Dee! said...

So glad he is home! Here I go butting in - but after seeing all the pictures and hearing this incredible story will you please please please do something for this Auntie and Uncle . . . take that baby to the chiropractor!

Love you all FOUR!!!

Trina said...

Skyler is so cute! I loved seeing all the pictures. Congratulations! I'm so glad things turned out well and skyler was able to get over his sickness so quickly and without complications. The priesthood truly is God's power given to man.

Stacy said...

He is just so beautiful Melanie, makes it all worth it....so glad to hear that he is doing good, even after round two.

J George said...

We are so thankful that he is home and safe. Melanie, how are you holding up? It is not that fun having a c-section on a good day then to have all that physical and emotional stress on top. You poor thing! He is so worth it though, what a handsome little guy!