Thursday, July 15, 2010

On the Move....

Welcome to this addition of this old house...........

So we moved to price and sold our house but we lost a bit on our house and the repairs that we were just going to live with my parents for a while to build a house and or get something with land (which is super nice of my parents to take on our whole heard)...but after we got the house sold we started getting more antsy so we decided it was time to get into our own place.....

So we found this cute little house that was in the price range. It is a little old but has lots of potential...It is located about a block and 1/2 from the college and it is about 3 to 4 bocks from work :D (Save on gas money) So here is the grand tour..........

This is the front of the house although I think they took out the bushes.... If not they will be gone.

I love this little laundry room...I also love that it is on the main floor... :D In our last house I had to go down two flights of stairs to get from our rooms to the laundry room.

This kitchen makes me laugh it has a really old stove and oven and I really think that if sears still knew that they worked they would want them for advertising proof that their appliances last...because these sure have!! It is really cute though.


The cupboards in this house are painted weird stripy colors but that is nothing that a little paint can change!! So excited for the challenge. But I love how big the kitchen is. I am thinking of painting the cupboards white and the walls kind of a gray color and doing a sort of cowboy kitchen. If anyone sees anything really cute for a kitchen let me know!!!


This is the downstairs bedroom


This is the backyard. It has two doors one that is off the laundry room and one that is right in front of the downstairs. On thing that we like about this house is the potential to turn the downstairs into a rental so we can save money for another house. But we will see what we end up doing. I love how there is a really cute little patio that I am sure we will get some great use out of!!



This is the front room and yes there is a ot of paneling. But that is nothing that a bit of hard work and paint can't fix.



This room will be our master bedroom.



This is the kids bedroom.



And one of my favorite things!!! The backyard!!! It has a really cute little garden spot already there. I am so super excited.
But this is our new adventure. If everything goes good we will be closing on it the end of august beginning of September. Then the work begins. We are going to do some serious painting and decorating. Wish us luck.

I have been trying to come up with some fun ideas for painting because well if you are going to paint anyways might as well do something fun right!! :D so here are some of the ideas that I have....if anyone has some other fun things that they have seen let me know!!
This is the colors that I want to do the kids room. With a slight change where the color pallet is going to be green and white on the walls and pink and blue for accent colors. It should turn out pretty cute!!
These flowers are the colors that I want in my front room. I want to do white on the walls and my furniture is brown and tan and I want to do accents of yellow and green and black. We will see but I think that is what I am going for :D

I want to do a cowboy kitchen but I have not settled on a color I know I want Burgundy accents and white cabinets...but a color I am not sure of. We will see what we end up with :D I do know that I want to make or get a big tin star for the kitchen.
Oh and you did not get to see the downstairs bathroom but imagine if you will seventy's green and orange shag arrangement on the wall behind the toilet and orange Bright orange tile if you will!! More photos to come after we get in but I know you cant wait.

11 comments:

Sara said...

What is the address? Trent (my brother) lives on 120 N 300 W it is right in that area (I think). Looks like a great project for you go getters!

I have one of those BIG tin stars that is a brown/black color. I can either drop it off the next time I am down or send it with my mom to have her drop it off when you get moved in! It is seriously sitting in storage!!! Consider it a house warming gift ;)

Oh, and CONGRATS!

Trina said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! Hope it all goes through for you.

Moores said...

Congratulations on the new house! I am sure you will all be so excited! We will be sad to have you guys leave the ward, but at least you will still be in town! :)

Moores said...

Congratulations on the new house! I am sure you will all be so excited! We will be sad to have you guys leave the ward, but at least you will still be in town! :)

Moores said...

oppps! I am not sure how that posted twice!!

Daniel, Stephanie, & Chloe said...

Exciting...glad to see some pics of the place! Can't wait to see what happens to it! ;)

Brandi said...

Oh, that is so dang cute!!! I can't wait to see the progress. Your ideas sound amazing. I agree with you on making things colorful and happy!

Adrian said...

Congrats! How exciting to have your own place. I can't wait to see how you decorate it.

Laurel said...

Hi! You don't know me so much as I know Toni and Seth, but I just thought I'd say CUTE house! (I love the old ones). And also that we painted plenty of rooms with wood paneling in our house and it is awesome. The stripes look a lot like wainscoting which is something expensive and trendy anyway. Good luck, it looks like a lot of fun!

Sara said...

Hey, just letting you know I will probably be down that way next Sunday or Monday. I will bring that star and drop it off. What is your address? (You can email it to me if you don't want it on here sarapeterson923@yahoo.com) If I don't hear from you I will leave it at my brothers house :)

Janna said...

CUTE HOUSE! I love the colors you are thinking about for the kitchen!