Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Letters to central democratic committee

  
With all of these adventures we sent out a few letters.  It was so cute because the kiddos helped me put these all together.   Here is what the letters said.   

January 11, 2013

Dear __________,
As Robert Pero accepts the appointment to the Utah State Tax Commission you have the difficult challenge of filling the Clerk/Auditor position.   This would be a challenging task for anyone, but especially if they have not had the chance to meet all the potential candidates.  I hope this letter serves to assist you in your decision making process.
I was born in Price at Castleview Hospital and raised among friends and family in Carbon and Emery counties.  I received my college education at Southern Utah University in Cedar City.  While in Cedar City I met my wonderful wife Melanie Garvin, a Carbon County nativeWe were married while finishing school.  After completing my Masters of Accountancy I took a position working for the national accounting firm Mayer, Hoffman, McCann P.C. in their Denver office.
I have been blessed with three beautiful children which is one of the main reasons we decided to move from Denver.  We cameback to Price to raise our family in a “small town” so our children could have some of the same great experiences that we enjoyed while growing up.  Upon moving to Price I took a position as an accountant with Smuin, Rich and Marsing CPA’s where I was introduced to Governmental Accounting.
In my career I have worked in the controller’s office of a manufacturing plant, as an accountant at two Certified Public Accounting firms, and currently as an internal auditor for USU Eastern (CEU).  I have worked with large publicly traded companies that have sophisticated accounting systems and highly trained staff. I have also served small towns such as Elmo, Wellington and East Carbon with basic systems and staff that serve a vital purpose with limited resources.
For the last three years I have helped conduct the external audit of Carbon County.  I have had the opportunity to get to know many of the employees, the accounting system and the County’s strengths and weaknesses.  I have a good knowledge of state regulations and compliance issues that affect the County and its operations.
appreciate your consideration for the appointment as theInterim Clerk/Auditor.  I believe that I can make a smooth transition and bring enough experience and training with me to ensure that the Carbon County can continue to run effectively and efficiently.
Thank you,

Seth Oveson, CPA

Kind of fun to see your life on paper!!!

No comments: