Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Super fun service project!!

We had so much fun going to a service project. They started out having us all get together and we were combined with the 7th ward. But after that we dispersed and they went and cleaned streets and we went to one of the members in our branches house to build a ramp. She has had some really bad things happen in the last little while and well she cant really walk well and is in a wheel chair so it is really hard for them to get her up the stairs. This family has the most amazing faith and it was so fun to go over there and help. Before we went to their house I got to take some Paparazzi Photos as we drove away to go to the other site.














This is our awesome stake President and his cute wife they are so amazing and I am so glad that I have gotten to know them.

It was so fun to watch our kiddos work. We were their from really early in the morning till about 5 and they were so so good!!! They shoveled dirt, picked weeds, nailed, screwed in screws, held boards, and many other little things but they worked so hard and got so dirty and it made my heart so happy to see them loveing to work and all of us working together. We make a pretty good little team!!

I love projects like these because now every time that we drive by marisa says mom WE helped build that ramp.

They sure did work hard....look at that face :D

I was the plank-put-er-in-er...it was great

These two men are so amazing I know that I already said something about our stake president in orange the other man is our branch president. I am so glad that I have been able to know this man. Not only is he really tallented with wood..among that he also makes guitars he also is very tallented at playing them and flutes as well. But besides that he is very humble and has served so many people including myself. One time in particular that may not seem very big to someone else but that day I was having a really bad day and so was skyler at church. One of those times you wonder if you are really getting anything from the lesson...but he took skyler even though he was throwing a fit and he played with him and held him. I was so thankful for that and many other acts of service and it is so amazing how many people touch your life for good. I am thankful for these two leaders that have touch our families life. I thought it was fun to see them side by side!!
Ok I have to say I have never wanted a tool so bad in my life...this tool is amazing. It is super light and well great to use. Impact drivers are soooooo cool. I love doing projects like this give me some wood and screws and a really cool tool and I am in heaven...I know kind of funny hu!!

Love this tool...lol

Ok I did not sadly catch him in action but my husband is so super amazing he dug every one of the holes with a pick and I have to say he was super cute while he was doing it!! But he is such a great daddy and good example to his kiddos and I love his guts :D That is one really cute work crew!!!





I am so greatful for inspired leaders and for the opportunity we had to do some service as a family!! It was such a great day!!!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: