Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Visit with Great Grandparents

While we were in cedar city this last weekend we got to go for a min and visit with great grandma and grandpa parkinson in st george. It was so fun to see my kiddos enjoying my grandparents and it took me back. My grandpa and I had a special thing for rocks and while we were down there he took marisa around and gave her pieces of some of his really pretty rocks. It is so fun to have different traditions past down to your kids and their kids...etc. So while we were their we decided that a photo was in order!!! It is kind of sad my grandpa has not been doing well and we almost lost him just a little while back. He has also been in and out of things here and there so we were so super happy that he was completely with it and the kiddos had so much fun with my grandparents!!


It is kind of amazing the resemblance when you see them together you can tell they are related!! I do have to point out if you can see it the amazing bump on my sons forehead. He fell really hard right before the photo.


Little buddies!!







I am so glad that my kids have had the oppertunity to know the grandparents that I love so much!! I remember many a summers working at their house, collecting and sorting metal cans, roofing houses and sheds, weeding the garden, working at the IPP plant in delta, geting a cherry limeade, playing in the TP, working at the DI (because they were missionaries at the DI) and many many other memories. So thankful for these little memories with my grandparents!!

No comments: