Friday, September 9, 2011

Boy dress up time!!! Over the phase...wahoo!!

 Marisa has a toy box that is full of dress up clothes and Skyler has now gotten into the dress up thing...but the problem with that was that most of the stuff in that box was dresses or princess attire.  So Skyler would come out in whatever was their that was manly...I am happy to say that he still to this day has not put on one of the dresses.  I don't know what Seth would do if he did.  He usually came out with a cowboy hat or sporting large quantities of necklaces looking something very similar to Mr T or sometimes he would put on the Jessie (from toy story) outfit.  So a few weekends ago we were helping at a yard sale that was for one of the ladies in our ward that had a tumor in her brain and also cancer.  I felt so bad for her but she is doing amazing and they say that she has no cancer left!!!  Wahooo....I know sorry I got off the subject but anyways we were helping with the yard sale and I found 3 outfits.  Iornman, Wolverine and ............Buzzzyear as Skyler likes to call him.  Guess which one is his favorite?
As soon as I showed him the outfit he wanted buzzzyear on!!!
I love this little happy face...for a little while there we were going through a phase that mommy was not sure what to do about...the grumpy phase.  I really was having a hard time with this phase so much so that it was on the top of the least favorite phase list of all time from both of my kiddos topping the charts!!!  He would walk around with a grumpy face and no matter what we did he was still grumpy and had a scowl on his face.  For a while I was not sure if we were ever going to get over this one but then we had some help....I love how heavenly father helps with each kiddo we started enforcing smiling for everything...."we need to see your happy face...before everything"  It was actually pretty extreme....I need to see your happy face if you want a drink.  I need to see your happy face if you want to watch a toon, and so on....lol.  And with grandmas suggestion we talked many times about emotions and the effects that they have...But I am happy to say that he is my happy boy again and THANK HEAVENS...because he is so much fun and I love his little happy faces,  amazing hugs,  and don't forget the kisses on both cheeks.  I love love love this little guy!!!
Marisa had to have a photo too....Skyler cant just get a photo  :D  I love her little pose!!!

1 comment:

Moores said...

Dressing up is so fun!