Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 1 Family Reunion...Little Unexpected!!

I don't have to many photos this day it was mostly spent getting things ready for the family reunion.  Things like putting up the tepee and setting things up.  We did take Grandpa out for ice cream at the best place in st George for his birthday Neilson's Frozen Custard.  After having ice cream we went back to the house to put up the tepee and well...as we were doing so grandpa bent down to pick up a rock and lost his balance and fell.  The ambulance came and he was also given a blessing.  I could see on my husbands face the worry and could see how he was feeling after the blessing was given.  Loads of emotions were flowing and I felt like grandpa was not going to make it through and I think everyone else was feeling the same thing.  I felt really bad that it happened and I could not do anything.  I was 5 feet away and watched it all as it happened.  As it was happening I felt like everything was in slow motion.  I think sometimes that is how heavenly father feels.  Even though he is so close and sees what is happening he cant do anything in the moment to make it stop.  My mom and grandma went to the hospital following the ambulance.  My dad got a phone call not even 30 min after saying that if we want to say good-bye we should go now to the hospital.  I was there when my dad got the phone call and my dad started to tear up and I knew that all of what I was feeling was right.  So we headed over to the hospital and as we were going into the hospital I told Skyler that we were going in to say good-bye to grandpa Parkinson and Skyler said "grandpa's going to work"  Those few little words "by the mouth of babes" helped my heart so much.  I felt so happy that grandpa was going to work.  We entered the hospital and they had us all go into a room that they had on the side.  Lets just say that I think they normally don't have that many people coming to the hospital because we many of us had to stand in the hall too.  They took us in to see him in families to say good-bye.  I got ahold of the tissue box and well it is bad that they let me have it because I was one really great hand-er-outer of tissues.  It made me happy to help others laugh even though their hearts were sad!!  :D  After everything at the hospital we went to grandpa's favorite place to eat golden corral.  Even though it was a bit of a sad day it was so good at the same time!!

No comments: