Friday, September 9, 2011

Harvest Time....

Yep it is that time of year!!!  The time that I love...HARVEST TIME!!  This summer we have had a pretty good garden and these are some of the recent produce that has come from the garden.  We have had lots of tomato's and tomatillos...which makes....amazing salsa!!!!


We found one that had a face on the back of it....we planted a few beef master tomatoes and well they can get pretty huge.  They also grow in funny shapes sometimes.  Not sure which one but this tomato reminds me of some cartoon character... Maybe a Ninja Turtle. 
This is the salsa on the Boil!!!  Yesterday I made two batches of what we call Americanized Salsa and one batch of Hispanic salsa with tomatillos.  Both of which are super yummy!!!  The one recipe is from my mom and I may be a little bias but it is my absolute fav that I have ever had...and the other Hispanic salsa I got from Sis Botello for the Spanish Branch in Cedar City also super yummy that is super good to put on Tacos that are fried with mashed Potatoes and cheese inside.  I know it sounds kind of interesting but it is supper yummy~~~
This is all of what we did yesterday 8 bottles of Hispanic Salsa, 1 Tomatillo Salsa, 4 Quarts of Stewed Tomatoes, 21 bottles and 1 Quart of Regular Salsa 

We did pretty good!!  Risa was reading to Skyler while he played with is favorite toys.  Risa is reading so well!!!  But Skyler was so sleepy and it was so cute...lately his favorite toys are the Disney pirate figurines and being his daddy's boy Lego's!!

Skyler and his little Lego horse that he carries around everywhere!!!  It was a busy but good day and we got lots done...I was feeling alot like skyler but it was a good day~~ :D

1 comment:

Moores said...

You guys are amazing! That salsa looks great!!